I’ve only recently discovered frittatas, I made my first one a few months ago. I love them! Like the good old omelette, you can add whatever you can find in the fridge, it’s a brilliant day before shopping meal you can do with leftover bits and bobs, but still really filling and easy. This recipe uses sweet potatoes, but you can, of course, use white potatoes. Some other favourite fillings of mine are bacon, all the cheeses, mushrooms, peppers, and sausage. And cheese.
- 1 Medium sweet potato
- 1 Red onion
- 4 Eggs
- 100g Blue cheese
- Cooking oil
I’m going to say this serves 2…but I ate it all on my own. If you want more, just add more!
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, prick the sweet potato with a fork and bake for about 40 minutes, until it’s really nice and soft. Then cut it open and leave to cool a little.
Fry the onions for a few minutes until they’ve softened, then set to one side. Whisk the eggs, crumble in the blue cheese, add the mushroom. Then scoop out the middle of the potatoes and add to the egg mixture, mix it all together really well.
Fry the mixture in a lightly oiled pan for a few minutes on each side, just so the outside is cooked. You can do this all as one big frittata but I find it easier to separate the mixture into 2 patties, if I don’t it just breaks up as I try to turn it and I end up with potato scrambled eggs.
Once the outside is browned, put them on a lightly oiled (I use fry light olive oil spray) baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
I serve with salad if I’m being good, or I just sit and eat it all on its own if I’m not.
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato
- 1 Red Onion
- 4 Eggs
- 100g Blue Cheese
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Prick the sweet potato and bake in the oven for 40 minutes
- Cut in half and leave to cool
- Fry the onions in a little oil for a few minutes until soft, set aside
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl
- Crumble in the blue cheese, add onions and the middle of the sweet potato. Mix together well.
- Fry in a little oil, for a few minutes on either side.
- Place on a lightly oiled baking tray, bake in the oven for 10 minutes.