This is a super simple shortbread recipe. I’ve added a bit of chocolate, because we had some left from the brownies, but they’re great just on their own. Or you can add chocolate chips, fruity flavourings, icing, anything really. Once you know the basic recipes, there’s so much that you can do with it.
You will need:
- 190g Plain flour
- 130g Butter
- 60g Caster sugar
- 100g Chocolate
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and lightly grease a large baking tray.
Cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
Sieve in half of the flour and mix together. This half will mix in quite easily.
Sieve in the remaining flour and mix. This time it’ll get quite dry and crumbly. At this point I tip it all out of the bowl and use my hands to work it in to a nice dough.
Lightly dust a surface with flour, then roll out the dough until it’s about 3mm thick. Cut out whatever shapes you want.
Place gently on the baking tray, with a little space between them. Bake for 10 minutes, or until a light golden brown. I recommend checking them after 8, they do cook quite quickly.
Once cooked, remove from the tray and leave to cool.
If you want to add chocolate, set a pan of water to simmer. Break the chocolate up, and add to a mixing bowl, sit on the water pan. Stir the chocolate frequently until its melted and smooth. Remove from the heat, and either dip the now cooled biscuits in, or spread the chocolate on with a spoon. Leave to cool.
- • 190g Plain flour
- • 130g Butter
- • 60g Caster sugar
- • 100g Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Lightly grease a baking tray
- Cream together the sugar and butter
- Sieve in half the flour, then mix together
- Add the remaining flour, mix again. When it becomes too dry, tip out and use your hands to work it in to a dough
- Roll out on to a lightly floured surface, to about 3 mm
- Cut the shapes
- Place on the baking tray and cook for 10
- Remove from baking tray and leave to cool
- Melt chocolate over a pan of simmering water, stirring often
- Once the chocolate is smooth, either dip the biscuits in or spread on with a spoon.
- Leave to cool until the chocolate is set