I’m slightly obsessed with halloumi. I love cheese generally, but halloumi is special. It isn’t like cheese. It’s just halloumi. And it’s wonderful. Coupled with my love of anything one pan and this is a pretty perfect meal. Lots of veggies, loads of flavour, really easy to make, and very limited washing up! Beautiful. Feel free to change the vegetables to those you like, or add more/less, it’ll still work.
- 250g Halloumi cheese
- 500g New potatoes
- 3 Courgettes
- 1 Yellow pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Red Onion
- 100g Cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp. Basil
- Pinch of Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. Oil
Firstly, cut the potatoes in half, add to a pan of water, bring to the boil and let simmer for around 10 minutes.
While this is happening, preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Next, roughly chop all the vegetables, cut the tomatoes in half, and slice the block of halloumi into 8.
Place the courgettes, peppers and onions into a baking tray. Drain the potatoes, and add them. Drizzle with oil, add a pinch of salt and pepper and a good shake of basil.
Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
After 40 minutes, remove from the oven, and mix. Add the tomatoes, and place the halloumi on top. Top with another shake of basil, and another drizzle of oil if you think it’s too dry.
Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes. Serve straight away.
Fantastic one pan meal, full of vegetables and flavour
- • 250g Halloumi cheese
- • 500g New potatoes
- • 3 Courgettes
- • 1 Yellow pepper
- • 1 Red Pepper
- • 1 Red Onion
- • 100g Cherry tomatoes
- • 2 tsp. Basil
- • Pinch of Salt and pepper
- • 2 tbsp. Oil
- Cut the potatoes in half and boil for 10 minutes
- Roughly chop the peppers, onions and courgettes. Cut the tomatoes in half and slice the halloumi into 8
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Add the peppers, onions, courgettes and partly cooked potatoes in a large baking tray, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle over a pinch of salt and pepper and a cook shake of basil.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes
- Remove from the oven, add halloumi and tomatoes, a splash more oil and a shake of basil, mix together well
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 10 minutes