Halloumi, as I’ve said before, is one of the best things ever! The flavour, the squeaky eating, everything, it’s amazing and should be eaten more! In this recipe, the tangy salsa works amazingly well with the sweetness of the red pepper. It’s a proper explosion of flavour. It makes a great vegetarian option, but if you wanted to make it meaty, you could add a chicken breast too. I make my own salsa, which you can find the recipe for here.
You will need:
- 4 Bread Rolls
- 250g Pack of halloumi cheese
- Homemade Salsa
- 2 Red peppers
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, and add a little oil to a baking tray.
Slice the halloumi into 8, and cut the red peppers in have, removing the stork and seeds.
Place on a baking tray, skin side of the peppers up, and lightly drizzle with oil.
Bake in the own for 20 minutes, or until the pepper skin is starting to shrivel up.
Towards the end of this time, slice the rolls. I like to layer them, bottom roll, mayo, salad, halloumi, red pepper, salsa, top roll. But it’s up to you.
While I make my own salsa, store brought would work fine. Serve with chips or salad.
- • 4 Bread Rolls
- • 250g Pack of halloumi cheese
- • Homemade Salsa
- • 2 Red peppers
- • Mayonnaise
- • Salad
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Slice the halloumi into 8, and cut the peppers in half, removing storks and seeds
- Place on a baking tray, and lightly drizzle with oil
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes
- Stack burgers, Bottom roll, mayo, salad, halloumi, red pepper, salsa, top bread
- Serve with chips or salad