Yes, it’s another sausage recipe! Sausages are great, kids love them, they’re easy, and you can do so much with them. This is a simple, filling, midweek dinner, with loads of vegetables and flavour.
- 8 Sausages
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Onion
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Yellow pepper
- 90g Mushrooms
- 2 400g Cans of chopped tomatoes
- 1 Beef stock cube
- Smoked Paprika
- Cayenne pepper
- A pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Cooking oil
- Pasta to serve
Put a large pan of water, with a pinch of salt and a splash of oil on to boil for the pasta. I literally always forget to do this. Then I’m left with a pan of food, no pasta and a giant rush to boil water.
Chop the onions, garlic, peppers and mushrooms finely.
Fry the onions and garlic for 2 minutes, until they have started to soften. Add the peppers and mushrooms, and again fry to 2 minutes until softened.
Add the sausages and continue to cook, turning occasionally for about 5 minutes. Just until the outside has started to brown.
Add the chopped tomatoes and stir it all together well. Bring to the boil. Add paprika, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper and sprinkle in the beef stock cube and reduce to a simmer.
About now, cook the pasta to the packet instructions.
Leave sausages to simmer for about 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally. If it isn’t thickening enough for you, sprinkle in some gravy granules and stir. Allow a few minutes for this to work before you add anymore.
Serve over pasta.
- • 8 Sausages
- • 2 Cloves of garlic
- • 1 Onion
- • 1 Red pepper
- • 1 Yellow pepper
- • 90g Mushrooms
- • 2 400g Cans of chopped tomatoes
- • 1 Beef stock cube
- • 1tsp. Smoked Paprika
- • 1tsp. Cayenne pepper
- • A pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper
- • Cooking oil
- • Pasta to serve
- Put a large pan of water, with a pinch of salt and a splash of oil, to boil for the pasta
- Finely Chop all of the vegetables
- Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil for 2 minutes until softened
- Add the peppers and mushrooms and fry for a further 2 minutes
- Add the sausages and fry until the outsides are lightly browned
- Pour over the tinned tomatoes and stir together well
- Put the pasta on to cook, according to package instructions
- Once the sausage sauce has come to the boil, reduce to a simmer
- Sprinkle in a beef stock cube, add paprika and cayenne pepper and stir together will
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper and leave to simmer for 15 minutes
- Serve over pasta