Ah, sausages. How I love thee. From a big German sausage from the German Christmas Market, to a sausage pasta bake and everything in between. I’m not sure much beats a sausage and egg sandwich. Or a fancy BBQ sausage, we had some maple syrup ones this year which were absolutely incredible. Basically, I absolutely adore a sausage. As with most of my meals, I try to cram as many vegetables in as possible. After tonight’s tea, we’ve eaten all the sausages, and have left over sauce and veg going in the freezer for another day.
You Will Need:
- 8 Sausages
- 1 Large Carrot, peeled and chopped
- 100g Frozen Peas
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 1 Leak, chopped
- 1 Red Pepper, finely diced
- 1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- Splash of Hendersons
- 2 Beef Stock cubes
- Pinch Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Mixed Herbs
- 1 Tbsp Cooking Oil
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. If you’ve read a lot of my recipes, you will notice that I always have the oven at 180 degrees. I’m unaware of any other temperatures, 180 has never failed me!
Make up one cube of stock, to the package instructions. Set to one side.
In a lightly oiled frying pan, gently fry the onion, leek, pepper, carrot and peas for a few minutes, until the onions have softened. Once ready, spoon into a large oven proof bowl.
In the same frying pan, add a splash more oil, then fry the sausages, over a medium heat. For around 5-10 minutes, until the outsides are lightly browned. Add to the oven proof bowl. Pour over the chopped tomatoes, and made up stock. Crumble in the other stock cube, pour in a splash of Hendersons, add salt and pepper to taste, 1 Tsp. Mixed herbs and 1 Tsp. of Smoked paprika. Stir together really well.
Cook in the oven for 30 minutes. If after 30 minutes, it hasn’t thickened enough for you, sprinkle in some beef gravy granules, mix in, and put back in the oven for 10 minutes.
Serve with mashed potatoes.
- • 8 Sausages
- • 1 Large Carrot, peeled and chopped
- • 100g Frozen Peas
- • 1 Onion, finely diced
- • 1 Leak, chopped
- • 1 Red Pepper, finely diced
- • 1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- • Splash of Hendersons
- • 2 Beef Stock cubes
- • Pinch Salt and Pepper
- • 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- • 1 Tsp Mixed Herbs
- • 1 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Make up one stock cube, to packet instructions
- Fry the Veg over a gentle heat, until softened
- Transfer into a large oven proof dish and set to one side
- Fry the sausages over a gentle heat until lightly browned on the outside
- Add sausages to the oven proof dish
- Add beef stock and chopped tomatoes
- Add henersons, herbs, paprika, salt and pepper
- Crumble in the other stock cube
- Stir it all together
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes