Pasta bake is one of our go to family favourites. I am terrible for buying jars of pasta bake sauce. The kind you just pour over dried pasta and cook in the oven. It’s easy, and the kids love it, but it’s nowhere near the same as a fresh, homemade pasta bake, filled with gorgeous vegetables. This one was a bit made up of things I had in the fridge (as most of my meals are!) but it tasted great, and smelled delightful.
- 200g Fusilli pasta
- 0.5 Red Pepper
- 0.5 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Courgette
- 100g Spinach
- 1 Red onion
- 2 Tins chopped tomatoes
- 5 Slices prosciutto
- 250g Ricotta
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 100g Cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
Chop the courgette, onion and peppers roughly, and place in a large oven proof bowl, preferably with a lid. Add the spinach, prosciutto, tomato, salt, pepper and ricotta, and stir together well. Then add enough water that everything is covered in sauce (In my case this was about half a mug).
Place the lid on top, and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
At this point, remove from the oven, and give it all a good stir. Then return to the oven.
Cook the pasta to packet instructions, but for a few minutes less than recommended. Remove bake from the oven, drain the pasta, add to the bowl, and stir together well. Grate cheese on top, and return to the oven, without the lid for a further 15 minutes.
Creamy pasta bake recipe
- • 200g Fusilli pasta
- • 0.5 Red Pepper
- • 0.5 Yellow Pepper
- • 1 Courgette
- • 100g Spinach
- • 1 Red onion
- • 2 Tins chopped tomatoes
- • 5 slices prosciutto
- • Pinch salt and pepper
- • 250g Ricotta
- • 100g Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Roughly chop peppers, onion and courgette. Add to a large oven proof bowl, with prosciutto, spinach, salt and pepper, tomatoes and ricotta. Add even water to cover, and mix together well.
- Cover and place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven, stir, and return to the oven
- Cook pasta to packed instructions, but for a few minutes less
- Remove bowl from oven, drain pasta, and add to bake. Stir together well.
- Grate cheese on top
- Return to oven, without lid
- Bake for a further 15 minutes