The Lovely Autumn’s Mummy has nominated me for a Liebster award. Which was an honour, once I’d googled it and found out what on Earth it was!
The Liebster award is apparently a way for bloggers to share the love. We get nominated by another blogger that thinks we are worthy (thanks!). We then have to answer the 11 questions our nominator has set, share 11 random facts about ourselves, before setting 11 questions, and nominating bloggers we think are worthy, to do the same.
Does this make sense? Google, it!
So, here are my 11 questions from Autumn’s Mummy
Who is your hero?
I’m afraid I’m going to be awfully soppy and say it’s Hunky Husband. He works really hard, but always looks after us. He also makes me like me more, and helps me be the best version of me.
Do you like cheese? If so, what cheese is your favourite?
Who doesn’t like cheese??
Depends on what it’s on. I love halloumi. On a sandwich, I really like a classic mature cheddar. I love brie. And as a sauce for pasta, it’s blue. But then, in a pasta bake, its ricotta. And for a cheesecake mascarpone. All the cheeses have a use.
What genre of music do you most enjoy?
Lots of things really. We listen to Radio 2 in the car, because we are middle aged. But then absolute at home. I was listening to The Killers first album while I was working earlier, which brought back lots of memories of my youth.
Do you like surprises? Explain your answer.
I don’t know. Depends what it is. If I know nothing about it, and it’s something that’s actually good yes. If I kinda know something, but not specifics, no, I worry it won’t be good, and I’ll have to fake happiness.
What has been your most favourite holiday?
We went to Filey with my parents, and the kids last summer. It was our first holiday as a family, and it was really lovely. It’s actually the only time me and Hunky Husband have been on a proper holiday together. All other holidays have been with ex boyfriends, so obviously cannot have been as good!
What was your first job?
This seems odd to say, but I managed to not work until I was 21. I worked at Nando’s. It was amazing. I stayed for 6 years, and progressed quite well.
Big party or small gathering?
Small gathering. I hate the idea of a big party. We didn’t even really have a wedding party.
What is your favourite mythical creature and why?
Unicorn. I love unicorns. I have a phone case, The Girl has an inflatable one, and we designed unicorn t-shirts when we ran our 10k last year. They’re pretty!
What has been your biggest challenge?
Getting on with life after my Dad died. It wasn’t a great time.
What was your favourite class at school and why?
I went through phases. I loved maths when I was younger. Then it got hard. I hated English until year 10, then ended up loving it.
If you could time-travel, what year would you go to and why?
Forwards. Lots, just to see.
Right, now I have to make an attempt at 11 random facts, I’m not sure I’m that interesting though to be honest….
- My kids have different Dad’s. We all get on weirdly well. Hunky Husband and The Boys dad, weirdly knew each other years ago, before I’d met either of them.
- I drink far too much tea.
- I love swimming, but rarely have time to go.
- I’ve got a hugely wasted HND in Film Making
- I had a bit of an eating disorder when I first left home
- I’ve got a skin condition called Lichen Sclerosis. Don’t google it, it’s gross, and mine is incredibly mild fortunately.
- I really hugely don’t like children
- I hate animals. Husband and The Boy would love a dog. I’ve agreed to think about it once the kids are older and we live in a bigger house. But we have to call him Richard Dean Anderson
- I love startrek, starwars, stargate, anything with star in it. Closet geek!
- Not Deep space 9. That’s rubbish
- I’ve been dying my hair, almost constantly, since I was 16. It’s been red, purple, pink, blue, black, blonde, and occasionally brown. I couldn’t tell you what my natural colour is anymore.
My nominees are (if you haven’t already done it!)
My questions for you guys are:
- What’s your favourite colour?
- What made you start your blog?
- What was your childhood nickname?
- If you could tell 18-year-old you something, what would it be?
- What’s your favourite meal? (and how do you eat it…hahaha!)
- Did you make a New Year’s resolution? What was it, and how is it going?
- Where do you want to be in 5 years?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
- Where would you dream holiday destination be?
These are the rules:
Thank the person who nominated you – and display your award with pride
Answer the eleven questions put to you by the person who nominated you
List 11 random facts about yourself
Nominate and link to other bloggers that you think are deserving of this award
Give them 11 questions to answer and let them know they’ve been nominated!